Pearl millet – 1 cup, moong dal – 1 cup, potato, carrot, beans, green peas, salt, oil, onion, green chilies, tomato, asafoetida, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, ginger garlic paste, red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, 2 tbsp – chopped coriander leaves, lemon juice – as required.
- Soak pearl millet grain and moong dal overnight.
- Boil all the vegetables.
- In a pressure cooker add soaked, washed pearl millet grain, moong dal, all the vegetables, green chilli, salt, turmeric powder and 4 cups water and cook for 3-4 whistles.
- In a pan saute onion, green chilli, asofoetida, cumin seeds and mustard seeds in oil.
- Add red chili powder, and mix cooked millet grain well, simmer for 2-3 mins, adjust salt if required.
- Season with coriander leaves and lemon juice and serve hot.